Acceldata is creating the Data observability space. We make it possible for data-driven enterprises to effectively monitor, discover, and validate Data pipelines at Petabyte scale. Our customers include a Fortune 500 company, one of Asia's largest telecom companies, and a unicorn fintech startup. We are lean, hungry, customer-obsessed, and growing fast. Our Engineering team values productivity, integrity, and pragmatism. We provide a flexible, remote-friendly work environment.
As a backend engineer, you will work on the core Acceldata platform data engine. We’re looking for people with a strong background or inclination towards data engineering; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces and have a solid understanding of modern Data management systems
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions.
- Dive deep into open source data engines and work on optimizing their performance.
- Design, build and maintain low latency APIs
- Work closely with our customers and sales teams on a regular basis to carve out new features and use cases
- Work with database systems, RDBMS, Mongo, Elastic Search.
- Develop services that will be consumed by frontend and solution engineers.
- 5+ years of development experience in one or more general programming languages. JVM (Java, Scala, Kotlin) or Golang
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of how distributed systems work.
- SQL mastery and overall experience working with Data storage and retrieval systems
- Organized, thorough, and detail-oriented
Good to have:
Don't worry, we'll ramp you up, but experience in any of these areas will help you hit the ground running:
Familiarity with technologies such as Elasticsearch, Mongo, Kafka, Hive, Redis, AWS
- Good understanding of the JVM ecosystems and languages
- Experience working with public cloud systems such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Knowledge of large-scale, data-heavy distributed systems.
- Contribution to Open-source projects or Testing Challenges.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying