3 year old, well funded start-up firm in the Multidimensional data observability (next generation APM) space needs top notch IC’s to help organizations increase their success with data and accelerate digital transformation for both on premise and cloud journeys. See this 12-minute intro and product demo to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icveuPmfypM&t=460s
We have grown at 3X on every vector during our 3 year start; Revenue, bookings, petabytes of data under management, nodes under management, client growth, complemented with some of the highest CSAT scores in the industry, translating into quick upsells and minimal churn. Our investors are blue chip in nature (Insight partners, Sorenson Capital, & Lightspeed) and we are complemented with people who want to win, are winning and have a track record of winning at firms such as Google, Hortonworks, Data Robot, HP, Zuora, Pentaho and PTC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales: If you are the 5% that get it, then we want you. If you can figure things out quickly, do not parrot the mondain training that other firms have given you during our interview process, but are genuinely interested in the issues clients are facing with data and then strive to eliminate their issues and inefficiencies, then we would like to talk. I want a hunter with a PHD (poor, hungry and driven). Your motor needs to revs high, who can move people and want to win. Many of our roles are first in the box opts and we are willing to invest in strong candidates and those that know they can take to the next level
- Strong communications skills and follow up / through: We need a person who communicates well, can set the stage for mutual gain, and keep the client honest via written plans or not be afraid to walk away from a deal that is not tracking well. We are still targeting early adopters and the early majority who need solutions like ours to impact their firms and the marketplaces they compete in.
- Technical Validation: Our product is justified through many hard dollar metrics and some soft dollar/urgency elements. We have strong ROI templates, but the key is the technical proof. This process takes less than 2 weeks, but we use this as THE turning points to get to power, discuss substantive dollars (300K ASP), and gain market momentum. Candidates should be used to inserting win criteria, working well with internal resources to achieve the proof, and then exiting quickly to procurement and securing the client.
- GTM activities: We need a person who brings a growth mindset and one who treats their territory like a GM, who takes ownership of their Geo, their clients, their GTM. This role will include networking with people in our eco system (big data folks like Cloud vendors, SI’s, local resellers, Snowflake, Alation, Databricks and even Hadoop vendors). This will require curation of known target personas and buying centers and true outbounding activity that complements the work that our LDR and marketing team already perform. If you can make the calls, getting to power happens quickly and our technical proof rate is @ 90%, with a very healthy average sale price (300K+), particularly in Europe North America
Ideally the candidate will bring a mix of Sales and enough technical knowledge so that relevant communication can ensue with mid-tier management and CDO’s, and then as things progress a sales engineering will be involved to assist along with our CTO or field architects.
- Value Engineering: Acceldata’s Flow product provides financial analysis tools to support optimizing and aligning business and IT strategy. Many opportunities for any of our products (or others in the market) will require value engineering-based business justification to be funded.
- Big Data Technology: Pulse product provides monitoring & analytics of big data technologies such as Spark and Kafka to improve reliability, scale performance and optimize for cost. This could include cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments. This is a data driven world and we reduce complexity, increase data ROI and accelerate our clients digital transformation.
- Data Governance: This includes areas such as data quality, data catalog, data reconciliation/migration, schema drift, data drift, etc. Acceldata’s Torch product provides these capabilities to ensure the reliability of data and analytics, democratize data, and drive automation and efficiency in data management. Knowledge of EDA, data integration, orchestration, lineage and impact analysis are beneficial.
- Performance Monitoring: Like application performance monitoring (APM), data performance monitoring technologies focus on identifying and alerting of data processing issues, root cause analysis, performance tuning, configuration and administration. Technologies such as Data Dog, Pepperdata and Splunk compete in this space. Acceldata’s Pulse product provides Data Observability for big data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes and best-in-class coverage of the Hadoop ecosystem of technologies.
- Other Experience: Acceldata’s Data Observability platform improves management, innovation and efficiency for complex data environments, be it on-premise, cloud or hybrid. Experience in the broader ecosystem will improve success for Acceldata, the customer and you. This could include: data integration, EDW/DW, MDM, BI, data science, IoT, cloud IaaS/PaaS, data architecture, etc.
- Ideal candidate: will come from the data space (DWH, data quality, analytical engine space, ETL/ELT space, APM space, data management, MDM or data catalog, older Hadoop arena or Cloud infrastructure, firms like Hortonworks, Cloudera, Netezza, Databricks, Snowflake, Alation, Tibco, Pentaho, Informatica, Tallend, DataDog, Denodo, AppDynamics, New Relic, Dynatrace or similar you are likely a good candidate - BI pro’s from back in the day are not really what we are looking for.
We look forward to connecting with you to identify a path for mutual success. Although our core strategy is set, we need people to help us figure it out the processes and then execute toward our strategy, Acceldata welcomes people who are not afraid to try new things, assess their execution and try and again until we all get it right. Datadog is publicly owned as are AppDynamics and Dynatrace, firms like SignalFX were acquired on 16MM in revenue for 1BB dollars recently by Splunk. We have a compelling technology and a marketplace that is receptive to our data observability offerings, we need smart, highly driven people to match the needs of these clients to Acceldata. We hope that person is you!
What You'll Get
- Be part of an exciting startup that is a leader and pioneer in the fast-growing data observability market.
- A flexible, remote-friendly company.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Competitive compensation package including equity, health benefits, and ample vacation time.
Acceldata is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.