Acceldata is creating an end-to-end data observability platform to free data engineers to do what they do best: build. We see unreliable data and data platforms as the biggest barrier to fulfilling the promise of machine learning and AI--and we’re out to help the data world get unstuck.
Founded by open source veterans, trusted by some of the world’s largest companies, and backed by $45M in capital, we’re a lean, hungry, and fast-moving team of engineers, product people, and customer champions all across the world.
We’re looking for an expert in Spark and Databricks to lead product innovation for our next-gen cloud product.
About the role
As a product-led company, we strive to understand our users’ pain points deeply, before solving them with elegant and creative software. While user research and customer interviews take us a long way, we’ve found that there’s ultimately nothing like having been in the shoes of a user before.
That’s why this role, reporting to our Head of Product, blends domain expertise with product thinking. As our in-house expert on Databricks and Spark, you’ll keep Acceldata and our users at the leading edge of best practices and optimizations in one of today’s most exciting data ecosystems.
- Deeply understand and communicate user needs and use cases around the Databricks and Spark ecosystems.
- Devise, define, and communicate a product strategy for improving the experience of writing and running data pipelines that use Databricks or Spark
- Guide our development teams to deliver powerful, polished features are
- Educate our field teams and evangelize Acceldata’s Databricks and Spark capabilities to our worldwide market.
By the end of your first quarter…
- You’ll know your teammates from all across the company
- You’ll understand the core workflows, values, and personas we serve. You’ll know the Acceldata master plan, and how your work fits into it.
- You’ll have designed and prototyped potential capabilities, and defined a short- and medium-term strategy for serving data engineering teams.
- You’ll have met with dozens of data engineers, data architects, and data platform owners to vet your ideas against their needs and constraints
- You’ll have crafted and tested messaging, demos, and presentations for offering observability for Databricks.
- You’ve used and loved Databricks for 3+ years on practical projects. You have strong (and well-informed!) opinions about where its offerings are great and where they can be better.
- You closely follow Spark / Databricks events and participate in the community.
- You’ve worked in a software company as a product manager, solution architect, sales engineer, or similar technical role. You have a high bar for good software.
- You want to grow your skillset and do what you haven’t done before. You’re creative, tenacious, and eager to build great products.
- You’re able to work in a globally-distributed company.
- You can ride out (and secretly kind of like) the fast-paced ups and downs of a high-growth early startup.
What we offer
- Mission and development: You’ll work alongside experts in today’s leading data technologies and workflows, serving some of the largest and most sophisticated companies in the world.
- Salary: we offer competitive cash compensation, with annual bonuses for company and personal performance.
- Equity: meaningful share at a fast-growing Series B company
- Vacation: Unlimited (minimum 3 weeks a year, plus 10 - 15 holidays depending on geography)
- Equipment: the hardware and software you need to perform your best.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying